Wednesday, September 17, 2008

On Our Own...

So, we finally have our own place! We moved this past weekend into the casita (or cottage, as me and Cameron are calling it) in Natalie and Jason's backyard. It's pretty little, but we love it! I think that as soon as we get all our things unpacked and organized, it'll be perfect for us. We're so grateful to the Peck's for letting us stay in their house these past few months, but we're glad to be in our own home with all our furniture and decorations in it. We really felt like this is where Heavenly Father wants us to be, and we're so glad we made this decision.

It's funny, me and Cameron have been saying that we feel like we're roughing it and that we're spoiled all at once. It's a pretty small place and we're having to make a lot of adjustments, but there are a lot of perks to the cottage too! We have satellite TV with DVR for one, and we don't have to shout across the house to each other all the time. It takes much less energy to cool this house, so we're not sweating all the time, and we get to play with Kolsen and Callie whenever we want! :) These past few days have been so great, we're really looking forward to spending the next few months here until we can afford to buy our own house. Thanks for putting up with us, Natalie and Jason!

I don't really have a lot of time to update the blog because I work all day, so I never posted our campout pictures! Better late than never though, right? We got a new camera a few days before the campout, so I was having a LOT of fun taking pictures. :) Here are a few of our favorites:

Me and Cameron in front of "The World's Largest Kokopelli" in Camp Verde. We felt like such tourists...I spilled some Jones soda in the car on the way up. And this is Cameron, cleaning up after me. :) He's such a good husband....and this is me, covered in soda.Kolsen: "don't mess with my cheese stick."

3 comments:

The Davis's said...

Cute pictures!!! We are so excited to have you guys and we hope you have fun out there!

Brian and Jessica said...

I'm glad you started a blog!! And I'm totally bummed you guys live there! You should have moved in a few months ago! Now we're gone and won't get to see you, and I'm jealous you get to play with Kolsen and Callie! Our family sure misses them!! But a plus is I'll get to see pictures of them on your blog and Natalie's! Keep the posts coming! Love the pictures from the campout, you and Cam are so cute!!

Jesika said...

Hola Kim!! So, you decided to become a blogger!! haha Welcome!! The pics are so cute! Can't wait to see more!